|Vertex Standard VX-4500/4600|
Expanded Signaling and Security
- Both radios provide a full range of signaling capabilities including 2-tone, 5-tone and MDC 1200® encode/decode for selective calling.
- Private communication is supported by built-in voice inversion encryption. And, if a radio is ever lost or stolen, 5-tone remote stun/kill/revive can be activated to ensure messages are only heard by those intended.
Enhanced Audio Performance
- Features Channel Announcement which loudly speaks the current channel description to simplify changing channels when focused on other tasks simultaneously.
- Includes voice activation (VOX) that enables users to transmit voice without pressing the Push to Talk button on the microphone. Enables hands-free operation for convenience
- In noisy environments, activate the Clear Voice function to enhance audio transmit to ensure your message is heard. And, to ensure a radio is not accidentally turned down too low, a minimum volume limit can be programmed by your Dealer.
- Whisper capability is also included to augment audio transmit when talking quietly is necessary for discreet communications.
- Record and store up to 120 seconds for keeping an audible record of important messages using the optional DVS-8 Voice Storage unit.
When Safety Counts
- As with all Vertex Standard mobile radios, the VX-4500/4600 Series includes Emergency alert for enhanced driver safety.
- Operators can activate the Lone Worker function when leaving equipment or a vehicle temporarily. If a problem arises while away, the radio switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
- When constant contact is required at all times, Vertex Standard’s exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™) is also included to inform the user that another ARTS™-equipped radios are within communication range.
Large Group Communications Made Easy to Manage
- The VX-4600 has 512-channel capacity and 32 groups to easily manage a variety of calls at the most complex job site. For smaller operations, the VX-4500 features 8 channels.
• RSSI signal strength indicator (VX-4600)
• DTMF Paging
• DTMF ANI
• Speed dial (VX-4600)
• CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
• BCLO / BTLO and TOT Functions
• Direct channel entry (VX-4600)
• Minimum volume control
• Talk around
• Priority scan, Dual priority scan, Dual watch scan, Follow-me scan, Talk around scan, Talk back scan, Operator selectable scan, Group scan
• Manual squelch control
• D-sub 15 pin accessory connector
• Public address / horn alert
• Radio-to-radio cloning
• DVS-8: Digital voice storage